Taming Crazy Hair
Does anyone else hear wedding bells? Wedding season is officially here and let’s face it – we all want to turn heads this season! While many of you are born with flawless skin and luscious locks, some of us are still struggling with dull skin and dry hair. So while the mani-pedis and facials are in full swing, what do we do about the completely non-cooperative monster – FRIZZY HAIR!
Here are 5 simple ways to tame your frizzy hair so that you can look absolutely glamorous!
1. Avoid Alcohol: Don’t worry! It’s not as bad as it sounds! You can still drink your cocktails but avoid using hair products that contain any form of Alcohol. Products that contain alcohol tend to dry out your hair leading to breakage, a lackluster appearance and yes, frizz.
2. Condition the Ends: Apply conditioner to the ends of your hair every time you shower to make them smoother and softer. Start at the ends of your hair, work your way up and rinse! Or alternately, use a leave-in conditioner. Once in a while, deep condition! (Check out The Body Shop & Forest Essentials for great Hair Products)
3. Cool Wash: Washing your hair with hot water raises the cuticles of your hair, making them frizzier –Keep your wild hair tame by using cold water for a few seconds at the end of your shower!
4. T-shirt Dry: To prevent frizz, instead of using a thick and rough towel, use a soft cotton t-shirt to dry your hair! You can even wrap your hair in a t-shirt and sleep in it for it to dry over-night! (You can buy a basic tee from any of our stores – try Benetton, Tommy Hilfiger, S. Oliver and more!)
5. Don’t Blow-Dry or Brush: Blow-drying your hair will just make it frizzier and dryer! Another great thing you can do (or rather, not do) is: Do not brush it! Brushing dry hair can stretch out the hair cuticle and brushing wet hair causes hair loss – in other words – disaster!
Follow these easy and completely natural hair tips for endless amazing hair-days! Lastly, you can drop in at the Looks Salon at the 2nd floor of Select CITYWALK or call us at 011-42114200!
Enjoy the wedding madness everyone!