Interview with a Dog
The silence is broken. We asked a dog to pull aside the shroud of secrecy and be interviewed. He asked that his name not be used, but for the good of all dogs he agreed to share these 10 insights with humans.
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy me.
2. Give me some time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t isolate me up as punishment. You have your work, entertainment and your friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will not be able to forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me that I have powerful teeth, but I choose not to use them.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, or I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting older and weaker.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You’ll be old one day.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say : “I can’t watch , it’s too painful.” Everything is easier when you are with me.
And through it all :
Remember that I love you.
* from a placetolovedogs.com
Bring joy, loyalty and unconditional love to your home! Adopt a pet at the Select CITYWALK “A cause for the Paws, Season 2 event” on 5th and 6th October, 5:30 pm onwards