This Diwali Bring Light and Joy to Someone’s Life
Diwali is all about light and joy. It is one of the most important festivals in the Indian calendar and we celebrate this hearty festival with friends and family. It is the proximity of our dear ones that adds to the cheer and merriment of the festival. Diwali is also a time to share the bounty that life has bestowed upon us. We do this by distributing gifts and sweets to our dear ones. The true spirit of the festival, however, is bringing great a smile to the faces of those who live on the fringes of society. Acceptance and thoughtfulness are the greatest gifts we can give them. This Diwali, join Select CITYWALK in this beautiful endeavour.
This Diwali Select CITYWALK has teamed up with three different NGOs that are doing good work with the people who are marginalised in society. We invite you to walk into our mall premises with a gift that can be shared with abandoned and deprived senior citizens, children of sex workers, abused and abandoned pets – all of whom deserve our love, support, and care through the festive season. The gifts deposited at Select CITYWALK between 15th and 31st October will be directly passed on to the beneficiaries by our NGO partners.
Our NGO Partners
- Society for Participatory Integrated Development (SPID) society is a popular NGO that works in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh for the elimination of generational prostitution by making health, education, and protection available to the children of sex workers. Guided by an experienced government body, the professionals at SPID society work to break the vicious cycle of abuse, illiteracy, unemployment, and poverty.
- Friendicoes, our NGO partner, works tirelessly toward rescuing and sheltering abused pets and stay animals. The animals in our world need a champion and Friendicoes is doing it’s very best to find kind and loving families for abandoned pets and strays. Apart from this, the NGO also creates a great deal of awareness about animal-friendly attitudes and lobbies for legal safeguards for animals.
- The Earth Saviours Foundation (TESF) is an NGO that internationally recognised NGO that was established in 2008 and works to provide safety, shelter, and support to senior citizens who have been abandoned and deprived women. The Earth Saviours Foundation has successfully rescued over 15000 abandoned senior citizens, disabled people, and deprived females.
Step forward and donate the following items in new/ lightly used condition:
- Pets- Toys, treats, beds, blankets etc.
- Kids- Stationery, toys, clothes, chocolates etc.
- Elderly- Blankets, sweaters, sweets etc.
Wrap up your love and empathy for the people and the animals in your world in the form of a gift. Walk into Select CITYWALK to bring the gift of joy to those around you on the festive occasion of Diwali. Take back a beautiful plant that you can nurture and a heart filled with joy.