Here’s How To Rock The No-Makeup Makeup Look
It’s summer, it’s sunny, and all we want is to sport our summer dresses outside. As lovely as that may sound, it presents a tricky makeup situation: step outside for lunch, into direct sunlight, and your makeup looks a lot more made up than you might like. Every grain of powder, every streak of foundation and every particle of shimmer stands out sharply against your face. But fret not! How to do makeup for summers perfectly isn’t a difficult task. All you need are the right colours and handy tips.
Whatever your complexion, you can ace your summer makeup game and look on point anytime, anywhere. Nude, natural makeup is in – take a little help from the following makeup tips:
Fair skin has the most room for errors. Any kind of makeup looks twice as apparent in bright light. So choose soft, sheer and creamy formulae for your get-up.
- Eyes: Stick to warm tones like peach, taupe and nutmeg, which blend into your skin most seamlessly.
- Cheeks: Add the tiniest flush with a peachy nude blush. Just swipe the brush under the apples – the colour looks most natural there. Try the Cheek Pop blush from Clinique.
- Lips: Anything more pigmented than a tinted balm or stain looks too obvious. Swipe on a pale pink or light peach shade. Grab the Bobbi Brown crushed lip colour to ace this look.
Women with medium complexions should steer clear of cool colours like grey, pink and blue. When stepping out in daytime, you want to don warm shades that blend with your skin’s natural hue.
- Eyes: Apricot, sand, taupe, lavender, and brown look lovely on the eyes. But be sure to limit yourself to one or two shades, and finish with mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Cheeks: You can opt for warm pink, medium peach or warm taupe – shades that mimic the colour of your skin when you blush naturally. Pick up the palette from Colorbar.
- Lips: Opt for a nude-pink or soft rose stain topped with clear lip balm; it gives your lips colour without looking OTT.
Olive or Dark skin:
For those with darker skin, colours that may be striking in the evening, like silver highlighter, look in-your-face in broad daylight. Instead, try a subtle blush with shimmer.
- Eyes: Deep brown cream shadow applied to just the lids creates depth without looking like makeup.
- Cheeks: On very dark skin, a burgundy cheek stain, like Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Chocolate Cherry, is warm but not heavy. If you have an olive skin tone, try a rusty rose shade. M.A.C has the colours you need.
- Lips: Red lips scream sexy on dark skin. But stick to lip stains, not lipsticks, so the colour seeps into the lips and doesn’t sit on top. We recommend the Chubby Stick lip colour balm from Clinique.
- Delectable Foods to Try at Select CITYWALK, This Winter
- Gift Yourself the Ultimate Retail Therapy This New Year at Select CITYWALK’s End Of Season Sale
- Winter is Sizzling Hot – Fall-Winter Fashion Trends at Select CITYWALK
- New Store Openings: Winter Fashion Starts to Heat up at Select CITYWALK
- It’s raining fashion at Select CITYWALK: Check These Brand New Stores