Towards greener pastures: GreenWaliDiwali
Diwali, the five-day long festival of light, is celebrated with much vigour and enthusiasm across India. Considered one of the most important Hindu festivals, Diwali not only symbolizes the triumph of good over evil and light over darkness, but it also hugely celebrates new beginnings. While decoration and lighting play a major part in the celebration of Diwali, the display of fireworks has remained a favorite practice of people celebrating the festival. While crackers definitely add light and fun to the festivities, they also increase air and noise pollution levels. The practice of bursting crackers has affected our environment in the worst manner possible, and the only way to minimize the damage caused by them is to celebrate every Diwali in an environmentally conscious manner.
Taking this thought forward, we at Select CITYWALK are going to celebrate the festival by launching a Corporate Social Responsibility campaign called #GreenWaliDiwali’ which will take place from October 29th to November 4th 2018. A joint initiative by Select CITYWALK and Waste Roots, an NGO dedicatedly working towards making our planet more green, #GreenWaliDiwali is focused on trying to create a safer and cleaner environment, further motivating people to take a step forward to make festivities pollution-free.
- Upcoming brand launches at Select CITYWALK to redefine your shopping experience
- Celebrating Art Together – Select CITYWALK X India Art Fair
- Republic Day Celebrations at Select CITYWALK
- Delectable Foods to Try at Select CITYWALK, This Winter
- Gift Yourself the Ultimate Retail Therapy This New Year at Select CITYWALK’s End Of Season Sale